World of Chig   

27.5.10
Who's qualifying tonight from semi-final 2?

With two and a half hours until Eurovision part two starts, I was just about to write that I'll be watching the semi-final in the media tent. I was in the hall for the third and final dress rehearsal this afternoon, where I took some photos and was quite happy to watch this one on the screens next door. However, all that has changed in the last few minutes as I've just been given a ticket by the nicest Danish man in the world, so Chigeralla will go to the ball after all.

Just time for some quick predictions then, from this more difficult to predict show.

Certain qualifiers:

Azerbaijan - even though it's over-rated and dull. There's no way this deserves to be favourite.

Armenia - my favourite of the uptempo songs in this one, but not presented as well as it could be. The presence of a stupid papier mache apricot stone on stage shouldn't stop it qualifying though.

And, er... that's it. Everything else is up for grabs, but I'll suggest this as the ten, roughly in this order of certainty:

Azerbaijan
Armenia
Turkey
Croatia
Georgia
Israel
Lithuania
Netherlands
Ireland
Cyprus

Which leaves these out in the cold:

Romania
Denmark
Sweden
Bulgaria
Ukraine
Slovenia
Switzerland

You can see from this that it might be touch and go for the Brits representing Cyprus and for Ireland's Niamh Kavanagh. Both of these deserve to go through and are lovely people, so please vote for Cyprus and Ireland.

Easier to call, I think, will be the UK televote. These won't necessarily be the points that the UK gives, as the televote will be modified by the UK jury's 50%, but I would expect our televote top four to look something like this:

1st Ireland
2nd Cyprus
3rd Lithuania
4th Turkey

Labels: , ,


· link

Home