World of Chig   

11.5.07
Eurovision: My bets

I placed bets on the ten songs that I predicted to get through yesterday. It was only for fun, as the financial rewards are practically nil when more than one in three songs will succeed.

I only put one pound each on eight of them, plus two pounds on Belgium, as the odds were longer. (They failed, which was why.) I did put a fiver on Latvia though, so this has bumped up my winnings somewhat. Well, I say somewhat, as my total return on fifteen pounds has been £16.75, making a grand profit of £1.75. I will try not to spend it all at once.

Tomorrow night is where the big money comes into play. I've done the following five bets, all five pounds each way. Only the top 4 pay out, so one will definitely lose, but I decided it was worth the risk. I'm pretty convinced I have the top three amongst these.

Serbia 6-1 (Was 6-1 joint favourite with Sweden and Switzerland a week ago. Now second favourite, between 7-2 and 5-1.)

Sweden 6-1 (Was 6-1 joint favourite a week ago. Has now drifted out to sixth favourite at an average 10-1.)

Ukraine 11-1 (Now favourite across the board, as low as 3-1 on PremierBet.)

Russia 12-1 (Currently fourth favourite, between 5-1 and 10-1.)

Latvia 25-1 (Currently 4-1 second favourite on PaddyPower. Was about 33-1 or 40-1 with all bookies yesterday. I'm tempted to say "the fools!", but we'll wait and see.)

Lots of Eurovision odds here. The UK is currently favourite...to finish last.

Labels: ,


· link

Home