World of Chig   

7.5.07
Culture Club meets Scooch

I've now watched Scooch's rehearsal and I was reminded of one thing:



I'm interested to know what you think of the backdrop that Scooch are using. For me, this is the worst thing I could possibly have imagined. It surely won't win us any points at all. Having the Union flag in the background while singing 'We're flying the flag all over the world' will just be interpreted as triumphant imperialism. They might as well replace the words 'from Paris to Tallinn' with 'from Kabul to Basra', as that's how it will be interpreted by some people and some whole countries. Wrong imagery, wrong time. Big mistake.

By the way, notice how some of the planes at the end are crashing!

On the plus side, the vocals sound okay for a first rehearsal.

Labels: ,


· link

Home