World of Chig   

27.11.04

WARNING: This posting is particularly low-brow, even by World Of Chig standards. If you're looking for anything political or intellectual, look away now. Besides, we did that with the Ukraine piece below.

And so, another crappy week at work comes to an end. Thankfully, I have a very unusual, ever-so-slightly pervy weekend to, er, come.

I was going to the Nightingale tomorrow night (Saturday) anyway, where, coincidentally, they are having their annual Prowler Direct P*rn Party. As if I needed an excuse, I am technically an employee of the sponsors, as I work irregularly for gaytimes, who are owned by Millivres Prowler Group. Apart from that, it was such a laugh last year, and a wonderfully pervy photo opportunity. Yesterday, however, the stakes were upped ever so slightly when Upton, the club's ents manager asked me if I would like to be a judge of the amateur strip competition which forms the on-stage entertainment tomorrow. I said yes at first, then realised that it would be impossible to take photos if I was sitting there judging the thing. Then I asked who the other judges were. The answer was three professional strippers; Stallion, Paul Grant and Rebel Red. As the phrase 'a thorn between three roses' sprang to mind, I suddenly felt very intimidated and I graciously withdrew. Ahem. Thankfully, Upton had a second offer for me anyway, so I am now going to be the 'Gale's official photographer for the night instead, for which they are paying me. Which is nice.

Then, on Sunday, I'll be driving down to London and going to the Mr Gay UK final at G-A-Y to see even more male flesh on display. At this point, local loyalty should make me say that I'll be supporting Richie, the Nightingale's representative, and I do wish him well, but I've never actually spoken to him. I'll be, er, 'rooting' for the only remaining contestant who I've chatted to over the Summer, namely Mark, Mr Walsall, who is a Nightingale regular anyway. I'm disappointed to see that my other favourite, Andy, Mr Cheltenham has apparently not survived the vote for the top twenty. (Mr Bristol Queen's Shilling, whose heat I attended and who could have won the damn thing, has reportedly withdrawn, which is a shame.) The night will be hosted by not one, but TWO Big Brother winners (although Brian's win seems to have been forgotten by whoever did the header for this). It's also live on Living TV, as part of their Big Gay Weekend, for those of you with Sky, but sadly not those of us with Freeview. (Any offers of a VHS or DVD copy in the post next week gratefully accepted - I will pay.)

If you're going to either event, please do say hello. I'll be the one with the camera(!), although the lovely PR people for Mr Gay UK have told me that no one except their one official photographer (without flash) will be able to photograph the Mr Gay UK event while it's being televised, because the flash is a problem for the TV cameras. I'll just have to make do with photographing the punters before and after, and hopefully the contestants too, later on.

On Monday, I have the day off work. Thank goodness for that.

Next week: In part two of this series, Chig critiques Nietzsche's analyses of decadence and modernity and the profound dialectical quality of his philosophy as a whole. With celebrities and semi-naked photos.

· link

Home