World of Chig   

17.3.11
It's Paddy's day


DL-2011-03-13 198c
Originally uploaded by Chig66.

So here is a set of pictures on flickr which I took on Sunday at Birmingham's St. Patrick's day parade. Surprisingly, this was the first time I've ever attended the event, despite;

(a) being of Irish descent on both sides of my family
(b) being in Birmingham for over 26 years
(c) living within walking distance of Digbeth, where the parade is held

I was really surprised how long the parade is and how many people turned up for it. It was sunny, which no doubt helped. The atmosphere was great and I will definitely go again, hopefully with some friends and some alcohol next time. I also took the opportunity to purchase a couple of Irish flags, which will come in handy in Duesseldorf.

The full set of 83 photos is here.

Labels: , , , ,


· link

Home