World of Chig   

12.5.09
Eurovision - Semi 1 - Predictions

Qualifying for the final from tonight's first Eurovision semi-final in Moscow.

Dead certs:

Armenia - CORRECT
Turkey - CORRECT
Bosnia-Herzegovina - CORRECT

Quite likely:


Malta - CORRECT
Portugal - CORRECT

Next most likely:

Belarus - WRONG
Switzerland - WRONG
Romania - CORRECT
Sweden - CORRECT
Bulgaria - WRONG

So that's my ten, in a very unpredictable semi-final tonight. This semi-final is far, far worse than Thursday's. I struggle to find ten songs I want to put through to the final from tonight's eighteen. On Thursday, there are far more deserving songs.

I have serious bets on Armenia, Turkey and Bosnia-Herzegovina qualifying tonight. If they do, I'm laughing. I also have smaller bets on Portugal and Malta, plus a wildcard bet on Belgium, despite reports of bad rehearsals (see also Sweden), on the basis that the whole of Europe loves Elvis.

Have fun tonight if you're watching with the lovely Paddy O'Connell on BBC Three, 20:00 BST.

Labels:


· link

Home