World of Chig   

14.5.08
Eurovision 2008 - Chig's 26th favourite song

Belgium - 'O Julissi' - Ishtar



Now this might surprise a few people, given that it's one of the songs that some people think might win, but I've had enough of it. The first time I saw this in the Belgian heats, I thought it was sweet and interesting, because it's in a made-up language (but may possibly be about crocodiles).

The second time, its tweeness began to grate. By the third time, I was sick of it. The singer also looks very nervous whenever she performs, on TV in Belgium and in the rehearsal on Sunday.

The Belgians tried this made-up language trick before, with Urban Trad's 'Sanomi' in 2003. They took everyone by surprise and came second, pushing t.A.T.u into third place. As people will only have to hear this twice, I'm not going to say it won't happen again, but if you keep eating sugar, you will eventually be sick.

Labels: ,


· link

Home