World of Chig   

4.1.08
What Took You So Long?

He was due out of this here bump on 27 December, but at last the first baby produced by my friends Gill and Russ has made his way into the outside world this morning. Congratulations to you both!

Gill was carrying - and I hope she won't mind me saying this - the HUGEST bump I have ever seen. I last saw her at six months and couldn't believe she would last full term. This picture was taken at seven months, I think, and the ones I've seen from last month made me believe she was actually having quads, not a solitary boy. I'm amazed he was eight days late; he clearly didn't want a 'joint' Christmas or New Year birthday. Instead, he has chosen to share his birthday with a whole bunch of interesting singers: Michael Stipe, Tim Wheeler (Ash), Bernard Sumner, Beth Gibbons (Portishead), Mark Hollis (Talk Talk) and Cait O'Riordan (The Pogues).

Today is also the 72nd anniversary of the first music charts being published in America. Russ and Gill, I dare you to call him Billboard. Isaac might be a better idea, as today is the birthday of both Sir Isaac Newton and Isaac Pitman, whose shorthand writing system is named after him.

Best wishes to all three of you.

Labels: ,


· link

Home