World of Chig   

21.7.07
Bloody weather

Chig is pissed off.

I was supposed to be in Cardiff tonight, for a night out with the gay rugby club boys of Cardiff Lions, who were kind enough to invite me, their semi-official photographer, to their annual dinner. I had a hotel booked and have bought a new pair of trousers.

However, the traffic from the Midlands to the South is so bad that I drove only as far as Birmingham to Worcester before having to give up and come home again. Every road further South is either closed because of flooding or has a logjam of traffic. The road West of Worcester, which would have been an alternative 'long way round' via Hereford, is coned off. You can't escape Worcester city centre, except to come back up North again. The M5 is almost at a standstill from J6 (North of Worcester) down to J11 in Gloucestershire. Effectively, South Wales is cut off from England.

So, I'm back home. Pah. Two hours and forty minutes in the car, 66 miles covered, and all for nothing.

At least I'll be able to watch C4's gay drama thingy later. Small comfort.

Perhaps I should read a book. Is there anything new out? ;-)

Labels:


· link

Home