World of Chig   

8.2.07
Snow patrol

I found myself looking out of my bedroom window at around 3am (no snow) and again just after 7am (lots of snow). I dozed off again until around 8am and became aware that children were playing in the snow outside. With a heavy heart, I realised it wasn't quite enough snow to justify not going into work, and so I left the house early and arrived early as there was no problem on the roads at all. (Everyone made it in okay.) The children in my avenue had already built a decent snowperson by the time I stepped out of the house, camera in hand, only to hear one of them shout, "Let's get [Chig]!" Luckily, they were pathetic shots. Only one of their snowballs managed to hit me, and that's because it was from a range of zero feet. I fixed one of the child neighbours with my best Paddington stare, and said, "If you get snow anywhere near this camera..." He looked sheepish, mumbled "okay" and shuffled off, along with his friends. Oh, the power and respect I have amongst the local youngfolk!

Labels:


· link

Home