World of Chig   

25.1.07
I've got the key, ain't got the secret

(With apologies to the Urban Cookie Collective)

Sometimes, life gets a little surreal.

Three or four months ago, I came home from work one day and found a shiny new key lying on the hallway tiles. Using a process of elimination (ie. it wasn't mine), logic told me that someone had put this key through my letterbox. I presumed that someone must have intended to post the key through someone else's letterbox. I thought that perhaps there would be a knock at my door at some point, or a note, from someone asking me if I had received a key through my letterbox by mistake. Surely this error will come out in conversation with someone sooner or later? What else was I to do? Tour my neighbours and ask if they were expecting a key? No. I did nothing and I still have the key. It was just a bizarre one-off, obviously.

Until yesterday.

It's happened again!

What is this? Does someone think I collect keys? This is all getting a bit weird. If you can think of any reason why someone might be putting keys through my letterbox, please do tell. If it happens again it will freak me out.

Labels: ,


· link

Home