World of Chig   

26.1.07
Crash (part 2)

It's all over, without the shouting. Rather unexpectedly, the other driver's insurance company rang me today to say that he has admitted full responsibility for our collision. (It was, after all, his fault, but it's not in his interest to admit it.) So that's it. No legal wrangling. No delay. No £200 excess to pay. No damage done to my no claims discount. No whopping increase in my premium for next year.

I then had two insurance companies offering me their repair service and courtesy cars, so the only big decision I've had to take was which one to accept. I've decided to stick with my own insurers as we've already decided that they're collecting my car on Tuesday to repair it and it's better that I deal with the company to which I pay the money as it gives me more power if things drag on or the repairs aren't done to my satisfaction.

A good end to a bad week.

Labels: , ,


· link

Home