World of Chig   

1.12.06

Well, well, well. It shows what you can achieve by eating a kangaroo's anus on prime time TV. (It wasn't still attached to the kangaroo, I feel I should point out, for those who didn't watch.) The artist formerly known as Matty Jay, 'the one who keeps dropping his trousers in Busted', now Matt Willis, performed this disgusting act on the final show of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! tonight and managed to turn the top three upside-down, pushing Jason Donovan into third, while FHM and Loaded readers voted in their millions to secure second place and a few more bikini photoshoots for Myleene Klass.

The trials producer for this series is one of my sister's best friends. (That's my excuse for watching it every day. What's yours?!) I couldn't resist sending a text to her in Australia tonight after Myleene's 'Scary-oake' Bushtucker Trial. As Myleene sang her way through various songs, while having unpleasant substances and creatures dropped onto her, I thought the final track would surely be 'Pure And Simple', which would have been hilarious. However, as I texted to our friend on set in Australia, they missed a trick. They went for Britney over Hear'say.

After going through his final trial tonight, where Matt Willis ate live mealworms, a live witchetty grub (check the amusing link!), a crocodile eye, a kangaroo anus and a substantial bite of a crocodile's penis, I really think he deserved to win. The surge of votes must have been enormous. I even considered voting for him myself, then remembered that Michael Grade doesn't need my 50p. I've also enjoyed Matt's 'bush telegraph' pieces to camera over the last three weeks, where he's been very perceptive and occasionally illuminating about the other contestants and very entertaining with some of his one liners. Well done Matt!

Matt Willis's debut solo album (left), which has a crappily forgettable title and a cover which makes him look like Hitler trying to hide his moustache, was released last week.. It dribbled into the album chart at #66 on Sunday. Poor boy.




Jason Donovan's repackaged Greatest Hits album (left) is out next week; Monday 4 December. It has exactly the same thirteen tracks on as the 1991 Greatest Hits (right), but with 'Any Dream Will Do' added, and the 1991 bonus track 'Fool Such As I' removed. And a different cover.

Myleene Klass, as far as we know, doesn't have any 'product' out soon, apart from the photoshoots. Her solo album from three years ago is still available though, and you can probably find the second Hear'say album in the bargain bin at Woolies for about 99p.


· link

Home