World of Chig   

11.11.06
Tonight's X Factor

Simon's trio:
Nikitta - The Last Dance (Donna Summer)
Ray - Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
Leona - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (Elton John)

Sharon's pair:
Ben - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing (Aerosmith)
Robert - Always And Forever (Heatwave)

Louis's groups:
MacDonald Bros. - She's The One (Robbie Williams)
Eton Road - From Me To You (The Beatles). Four cheeky lads from Liverpool doing a Beatles song? Wonder where that idea came from?

Based on that selection and the last weeks' performances, I would expect to see Nikitta and the MacDonalds in the bottom two, or one of them plus Robert again. Nikitta's performance can only evoke unfavourable comparisons with Brenda, who did a brilliant version of the same song last year.

If the last three in this competition aren't Ben, Eton Road and Leona, probably with Ray as fourth, I'll be very surprised. How about you?

20:05 UPDATE (after programme one)

Bloody hell! Where did Robert drag that performance from? That was fantastic. I would put him and Leona as my top two; they saved the best two acts for last. (Leona still doesn't appeal to me at all, but her singing tonight was almost faultless.) This week, I'll stick with my pre-show predictions for the bottom two. Nikitta was out of tune again. (Louis must have heard a different performance when he told her, "you nailed it".) The MacDonalds were the best they've ever been, but everyone else except Nikitta was better. The decision will be Sharon's. Hard to predict.

The bigger question is...why have ITV swapped Millionaire and Family Fortunes around?

LATER UPDATE:
I feel sorry for Nikitta, but once again it was the right decision tonight. When three acts were left, including Ray, I was gobsmacked that it wasn't the MacDonalds and Nikitta in the bottom two. I thought Ray was great - again. Anyone have any ideas why he didn't get the public's votes?

Next week's guests are Westlife, with Number Ones the theme. The MacDonalds could do Mull Of Kintyre...


· link

Home