World of Chig   

17.11.06
Tomorrow's X-Factor songs

Only six acts left, with a theme of Number Ones, making 1,046 songs to choose from, and what do they do? They pick two thirds of the available options from Wet Wet Wet. Whatever happened to variety? Once again, the MacDonalds pass up an opportunity to do a decent, uptempo song, and once again I will say that they are doomed to bottom two status. If I keep saying it, one day it will come true. Not that I want it to. I just want them to do an uplifting, rocky song.

Tomorrow's Number One songs are:

Louis's two-ee:
Eton Road - I Don't Feel Like Dancin' (No.1 for Scissor Sisters)
MacDonald Bros. - Love Is All Around (No.1 for Wet Wet Wet)

Sharon's chanteurs:
Ben - With A Little Help From My Friends (No.1 for Joe Cocker AND Wet Wet Wet AND Sam & Mark)
Robert - You Are Not Alone (No.1 for Michael Jackson)

Simon's sidekicks:
Leona - Bridge Over Troubled Water (No.1 for Simon and Garfunkel)
Ray - Livin' La Vida Loca (No.1 for Ricky Martin) This will NOT be performed in a swing style!

I'm looking forward to seeing Eton Road do Scissor Sisters. I'm imagining Anthony doing his falsetto Jake Shears impression as I write. I imagine Leona will 'nail' her song too. So, bottom two prediction: Robert and the MacDonalds. Simon will save Robert, the Macs will be gone, and I will have to resort to my DVD of the ABBA show (thank you James!) if I ever want to see Brian MacD's lovely smiley face again. Sigh.

I won't be watching the show here at home tomorrow, so there won't be any real time updates. Enjoy!

(PS. Have you read the NOTW's 'revelations' about Eton Road and Ray? They rehearsed together before the first auditions! There are photos to prove it! Scandal! Not.)

· link

Home