World of Chig   

31.10.06

Happy Hallowe'en! I found this picture several months ago, on Flickr (I think), and saved it to use today:



However, last night, much to my surprise, that very photo was on Have I Got News For You? So, we'll go with the other one I'd been saving instead:



Last night, I discovered my neighbours outside, carving holes in a pumpkin that was so enormous, I thought it was plastic. It turns out that it's real!



Other neighbours have grown this monster on their allotment, and it will take pride of place at our avenue's Hallowe'en party this evening. Hallowe'en parties, it vampires transpires, are like buses. I haven't been to one for years, and tonight I'm invited to two. The other one is indoors; it's an expansion party for the Loft Lounge, a restaurant and bar which only opened in late May, but which has already become so busy that they've knocked through and are opening up the expanded room tonight. Much as I love my neighbours, it'll be warmer indoors. I still can't quite believe how big this pumpkin is though. The insides have been scraped out and will be feeding our avenue for most of November. Have you ever seen anything like it?


· link

Home