World of Chig   

1.9.06

The fourth stage of the Tour Of Britain cycle race finished at Millennium Point here in Birmingham today. They managed to make Wolverhampton to Birmingham a journey of 90+ miles, which took three hours. It would have been much quicker on the bus, but not as scenic. As the finish line was ten minutes from my house, I popped along.

Sadly, the people responsible for Birmingham's road signs seemed to think the tour was taking place in 'Brittain', wherever that is:



Here's today's stage winner, Frederik Willems from Belgium, as he crossed the finish line:



This is the overall leader, Denmark's Martin Pedersen, after being presented with the yellow jersey:



Highlights of the Tour Of Britain so far are on Grandstand on BBC Two on Sunday (and on the BBC Sport website) from 14:30, followed by live coverage of the finish. I doubt if you'll see me, as I was standing on a wall, almost inside a tree.


· link

Home