World of Chig   

23.9.06

Excitement on the doorstep. It's like Christmas at Chig Mansions this morning, with five packages of albums* from Singapore dropping through the letterbox, ordered from BangCD, including the Scissor Sisters' limited edition, hard-to-open-and-even-harder-to-shut-without-creasing-the-booklet-and-poster version of Ta-Dah!/Ta-Dah. (Jonathan's comment was quite right.) But there's also a surprise. I've received an advance copy of a new book, about which I knew nothing at all. It's called Nul Points, written by Tim Moore. He has travelled around, meeting and interviewing all of Eurovision's nul pointers. Yes, even Jemini (Chris, left). It's one of those great ideas for a book which I wish I'd thought of (and done) myself. Damn him.

My first thought was 'do I know Tim Moore?', but I don't think I do. But what's this in the Acknowledgements? "Thanks to...Martin Faulkner". I know him! Well, sort of. We're on the same Eurovision mailing list and we've met at Eurovision a couple of times. I'm intrigued now, so I've asked Martin what he's contributed to the book. I will endeavour to read it ASAP. It's available officially on 5 October. You can see it here on Amazon. Other book sellers are available.

("Customers interested in this title may also be interested in: Your online guide to Stoke-On-Trent." What? Why?)

*For the sake of making a list:
Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah - limited edition 2CD version.
Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Lovesounds.
Placebo - Meds - special edition CD/DVD version (because it was worth waiting for it to become ridiculously cheap).
Lordi - The Arockalypse (because I'm seeing them live next month and it seemed rude to only know two of their songs).
Eminem - Curtain Call (because it's free when you order three new albums).

The Kasabian limited edition CD/DVD boxed version of Empire arrived yesterday.


· link

Home