World of Chig   

14.8.06
Return to Auld Reekie

After far too many years away from the Festival and Fringe, Chig is going to Edinburgh this weekend, staying with friends who live right in the thick of it, in the West End. I worked at the Fringe for (I think) four of the five years from 1988 to 1992, mainly at the Pleasance, with one year at the now burnt down Gilded Balloon, but haven't been back during August since then. (I've only been back twice since then at any time of year, but my visit last Autumn for my friends' wedding rekindled my desire to go back for the Festival. I remembered how much I love Edinburgh.) A return is long overdue. I am very excited, but I haven't booked any tickets for anything yet.

Is there anything I should definitely be seeing? Any recommendations? Realistically, we're talking comedy, short plays and possibly music. Three hour operas and ballets are probably out of the running, this time at least.

I'll be in Edinburgh from mid-afternoon this Friday, 18th, until 18:00 on Monday 21st. I'm hoping to buy some tickets tomorrow, so please feel free to mention any likely shows in the comments. Thanks.

Possibilities so far include:

PLAYS:
The Laramie Project
The Gaydar Diaries
Bloggers: Real Internet Diaries
We Don't Know Shi'ite

I did want to see The Goodies Still Rule OK!, but it's sold out for all of this weekend's performances. Ooh, Ecky Thump!

Likewise, Boom-Bang-A-Bang! Blimey, I really MUST book some shows right now...

Browse all the Fringe shows here.


· link

Home