World of Chig   

10.7.06

So, that was that then. Another World Cup over and jolly good it was too. Congratulations through gritted teeth to Italy, who cheated to get past Australia and shouldn't even have been in the quarter-finals, let alone the final. Not that my only Italian friend Luca cared much either way - he couldn't be lured away from the Vauxhall Tavern yesterday to watch his own country in the World Cup final, so I had to text and call him instead. I was delighted to be the one to inform him that they'd won, and made him shout out 'Italy have won' outside the pub, to a general lack of interest all around, apparently.

I think there were only three games I didn't see at all in the last month, two of which were 0-0, so that means I must have watched 61 matches, mainly live, but some only highlights. Not bad going. The whole BBC coverage has been superb. ITV's wasn't, but we've come to expect that.

To find out what else Chig has been up to in the last month...ring this number:
09011 32 33 10

(It'll only cost you 50p and it'll be immensely rewarding.)

So, what would you like to talk about now?


· link

Home