World of Chig   

5.6.06
Monstrous lie

Well, what do you know? The Lordi single was on sale in my local supermarket today after all. This means either that Sony BMG created a publicity stunt by pretending that it would be released on the day of Satan, tomorrow (6/6/6) OR the staff at my local Asda didn't read the note on the box which said that the singles were embargoed.

Whichever is right, Asda have it as #8 in their pointless prediction chart. But what do they know? They have Sandi Thom, currently nestling, deservedly, at number one in the real chart, as number #16 in the prediction chart. Somehow I think that's unlikely on Sunday, even if she is swamped by the deluge of football songs which were unleashed today. There were about 8-10 of them on the shelves, which made Lordi stand out quite nicely as their sleeve isn't red and white. It stood out even more when I put it up at number one to block out Duncan James!

It seems highly appropriate that today also saw the release of the excellent 'Monster' single by The Automatic, so I bought that too (and the Embrace single, in official England football-shaped sleeve). It could almost be about Lordi; "What's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster? Is it a monster?"

In other Lordi news...

They're touring the UK! This probably has very little to do with yours truly standing up at Lordi's post-win media conference in Athens and inviting them over to the UK as we gave them douze points, but I'd like to think it did. They're coming to my local too, Birmingham's Carling Academy on Friday 27 October. Only a tenner too (for you, dear public.) Obviously I'll be angling for a comp. Who wants to be my plus one?

The full Lordi tour is:
Nottingham Rock City, 26/10
Birmingham Carling Academy 2, 27/10
Manchester Uni, 29/10
Glasgow Garage, 30/10
London, The Forum, 31/10. I can't think of a better way to spend Hallowe'en!

Finally, do you fancy seeing and hearing Hard Rock Hallelujah performed by a male voice choir? Of course you do! If nothing else, I recommend pressing pause at 2:22 and marvelling at the beauty of that man on screen. Swoon.


· link

Home