World of Chig   

20.5.06
Tonight's show

Don't miss the start of tonight's Eurovision final. Mike and I were in the dress rehearsal last night and were jaw-droppingly stunned by what happens above our heads. I'll say no more, but we watched the second dress rehersal from the middle of the fifth row of the stalls, which was as perfect as perfect could be. I was able to take amazing photos, and get all that out of my system, so that tonight I can put the camera down, relax and enjoy myself.

Mike and I are sitting in different parts of the auditorium tonight. Mike's in row 6, seat one, which is the right hand end as you look at the stage. I'm in row 21 and I'll have a big union flag and a teeny-weeny Bosnian one. If I can mug a Croatian on the way in, I'll have one of theirs too. Neither of us has any idea who we'll be sitting with, which all adds to the excitement. My sister and Tom are up on the balcony, but near the front of it. It's very high up, but they'll have a great view of the crowd, the screens and the stage, so that's great too.

I'm still predicting a win for Bosnia-Herzegovina, in line with the each way bet I placed on 1st April, despite it being drawn in position thirteen, after the break when people are still in the toilet. I've also done each way bets on Finland and Germany. Of those two, I really want Lordi to win as I find the German song a bit dull.

Finnish trivia, which may have to be re-written tonight:
Finland have only received twelve points three times.
They have NEVER finished higher than the UK.

Enjoy the show! (Despite the terrible hosts.)


· link

Home