World of Chig   

22.4.06
Like buses

Isn't it strange? You wait 39 years and five months before you go on your first ever stag weekend and then, only seven months later, you're going on your second. So, that's why I'm getting a train to Manchester this morning, and going out tonight with Mike (and a select bunch of his chums), before he and K tie their knot next Friday in a private civil partnership ceremony. K doesn't do crowds or clubbing, so this is just Mike's thing. Now, I know this whole civil partnership social etiquette thingy is all so new that we don't quite know how to behave and what to call things, but I figure that if you're getting 'married' and you're the marital partner who's not going on the stag night, that makes K the 'bride'. Yes, I'm sure that's the correct terminology. I must tell him this before next week.

Anyway, we are under strict instructions from Mike NOT to call it a stag night, because it's not a wedding. After the notwedding, Mike and K are going away on a nothoneymoon. That's perfectly understandable, but unfortunately it means they won't be at Birmingham's social event of the year on 6th May, but somewhere hot with beaches instead. I'm sure it will be dreadful for them.

And now, at 00:26, with some of the clothes I intend wearing over the weekend still damp and draped over the radiators - great planning - it is time for bed. Have a good weekend y'all! Our full itinerary for tonight in Manchester is here, so if you fancy following us around town, I will probably have you arrested for stalking you're very welcome.


· link

Home