World of Chig   

6.2.06
Happy Birthday to me!

Yes, it occurred to earlier, in an Adrian Mole-like moment, that today I am 39 and three quarters. Believe me, if I really have to reach forty in three months' time (and all the indications are that I do), I am going to milk this for all it's worth...

However, any gloomy thoughts of looming age milestones have been dispelled put on hold tonight by reading THIS (via here). I saw Buggerback Mountin' ten days ago (paying twice as much to see it in London as I would have done in Birmingham) and fell in love with the film, the scenery and Jake Gyllenhaal (again - see also Donnie Darko and The Day After Tomorrow), but I don't remember it being as funny as this.

WARNING: If you haven't seen the film yet, but intend to, then DON'T read this, because it really does sum things up rather well.

· link

Home