World of Chig   

5.12.05
Vote Thatcher!

There's a phrase I never thought I'd be saying, but now we can do it with a clear conscience. I hope Carol Thatcher wins I'm A Celebrity tonight, but even if she doesn't, there will be a deserving winner, as all of the last four have made great efforts on behalf of the team, been on journeys of self-discovery and been entertaining, so I won't be too bothered if Sid or Sheree win. The poll on This Morning today indicates that C. Thatch is running away with it though, on 62%. I think this has been the best series of I'm A Celebrity so far, and it proves that it doesn't matter how famous the celebs are, it depends how they gel with each other. Some TV execs think that you need a spanner in the works (like John Lydon in a previous run), but this series has succeeded because they've all been likeable people who have worked together. Even David Dickinson, whose naked ambition was rather obvious at times, was quite genial most of the time. Watching a bunch of people who get on with each other and who are able to have conversations that don't turn into fights is much more entertaining than people who are there just to cause controversy. Big Brother producers, please take note, and perhaps make next year's series a bit more like the first?

PS. Which of this year's I'm A Celebrity contestants used to be on Chig's bedroom wall on a 3ft x 2ft poster?


· link

Home