World of Chig   

31.12.05
Oh deer, oh deer.

So there I was on Boxing Day, at the annual Kenilworth Lions duck race in the shadow of Kenilworth Castle (what's left of it). To amuse my cousin's little boy, I greeted him wearing the atractive reindeer nose and antlers that you see below. The nose flashes, by the way. (The ensemble was bought for my sister by her boyfriend, just in case you think I would own such things). Child duly amused, I kept them on for a bit, because I realised they were making people smile or laugh on a cold Winter's day. Adults were pointing me out to their children, my own family were disowning me and walking several paces behind, and at one point I actually heard a child ask someone nearby, "Is that really Rudolph?". Aaah, bless.

Anyway, it was just a bit of fun, and I put the photo below just so that the half a dozen people who read this blog would be entertained. I did not expect to hear from my cousin last night that a similar picture of Chig is now featured in yesterday's edition of their local paper, the Kenilworth Weekly News! Oh deer indeed!


· link

Home