World of Chig   

18.12.05
The Northern lad wins, the black guy comes second and the blond(e) act finishes third.

There you go. Whether you were watching The X Factor or Strictly Come Dancing, the result was the same.

It's now 01:45. I've been to a houseparty tonight. Our hosts, B & K, knew that I was coming after The X Factor result. Let me rephrase that. I was leaving the house after The X Factor. B is from Yorkshire, so I thought I'd mention Darren Gough's win when I got there. When I arrived, they both opened the door. "Who won?", said B. Knowing damn well that he meant The X Factor, I said, "Darren Gough", purely for comedy value and to give the unexpected response. K moaned, "Oh no!" loudly and they both looked horrified. Guess who was taping Strictly Come Dancing, to watch it tomorrow? I ruined K's birthday party. Oh dear.


· link

Home