World of Chig   

16.8.05
Baby's got a secret

Have you been dancing to the new Madonna album without realising?

Chig can't wait to hear Madge's forthcoming 'Hung Up' single, as it apparently samples Abba's 'Ring, Ring' (hence the phone connection in the title, presumably). She'd sell more copies if she just called it 'Hung' though, especially amongst her, ahem, core audience. You know, the ones who bought her American Life album, even though every review told them it was shit (as if the title track single hadn't proved that already), and then filed it away at the back of their CD collections. (FYI: That was the first proper Madonna album that Chig didn't buy, as I still hadn't forgiven her for wasting my money on the Music album.) In fact, I haven't liked a Madonna single since Beautiful Stranger, and that was SIX years ago. Fingers crossed.


UPDATE @ 23:55: I had no idea, when I wrote this in the early hours of this morning, that today was Madonna's birthday, which is weird. I had even less idea that Madge would be making the news today by falling off a horse and breaking a few bones. Now I remember very clearly that she spent some time as a cowgirl. (See photo for evidence.) Okay, so it was roughly for the duration of the 'Don't Tell Me' video, but surely she can ride a horse? No? Just the line-dancing then, was it?

· link

Home