World of Chig   

2.7.05

13:57

Just back into the house after taking part in my local carnival parade. I ended up having to wear a fluorescent yellow jacket and pretending to be a steward. The rain has held off so far, but I fear the event in the park will be rather wet later. It's only down the road, so I'll be popping across when the boring acts are on at Live 8. (What time is Dido scheduled for?)

I came back and picked up my mobile, which I forgot to take out with me earlier. There's a message from my sister. She's only AT LIVE 8! She was queueing at Hyde Park, wondering if I was at London Pride. She's somehow wangled a ticket for Live 8, has taken a sicky from work, and is trying to avoid being seen on any TV cameras! So, that's my sister and an ex-boyfriend who are there! To think, for ten minutes on Wednesday night, I had a ticket too, before it was cruelly snatched away.... I'm sooooooo jealous!

14:00 It's starting...

*Kaiser Chiefs are on Live 8 later, opening the Philadelphia show.


· link

Home