World of Chig   

25.5.05
Interview 4 and a plug from the Guardian

The fourth Eurovision audio interview with Chig for Thoroughly Good has been available here since Sunday. This is Chig's post mortem on the final, recorded on Sunday lunchtime down the phone from Kyiv. I've finally been able to listen to all four of the interviews today for the first time, and I have to say, at the risk of sounding immodest, that I'm rather pleased with them. I thought that hearing my own voice for such a long period of time would be rather unnerving, but I'm coping quite well. I always worried that my voice sounds, at different times, a bit nasal, a bit Brummie, or a bit posh, but I can't really judge. I do note that I am perhaps a bit too hesitant though. Every 'um' and 'er' seems to last a lifetime when I hear it. Please do tell me your opinion of the interviews. Respect is due to Jon, who conducted the interviews and then edited them to make me sound a lot better. Please don't blame him for the variable level of sound quality; it was entirely down to the quality of the phone lines. Sometimes it was better if we put the phone down and tried again, but there were also noisy extractor fans in the media bouncy castle, so this is as good as it could get.

If you're collecting the set, you should have four MP3s now, called 'one', 'two', 'four' and 'five'. There's no three because Thoroughly Good's Eurovision page three is their jury, reviewing the songs, rather than an audio report.

Also, last Thursday, the Guardian's blog guide gave World Of Chig's Eurovision coverage a little plug, for which I am very grateful, especially as I have provided much less writing and fewer photos this year than last. (This was due to having no access to a PC for the first five days, and the photo software on the Linux machines that we had to use being completely unfamilar and impossible for me to work out.)

Thank you Jon. Thank you Guardian. Feedback from everyone else is very welcome.


· link

Home