World of Chig   

7.4.05
Technical bits

Two thrilling items of site news:

1) I installed MyBlogLog about ten days ago (thanks to Diamond Geezer), which tells me which links you are clicking on. Very interesting it is too. It shows that, from the fairly constant 60-90 visitors per day, you click on (so far) between 8 and 32 links each day. The most popular links are generally the comments boxes, and the most popular of those has been the Doctor Who piece from last week. The Bosnia-Herzegovina Eurovision video has been the most clicked-on external link. There are also clicks every day on much older links, and about one person per day clicks on my profile. Fascinating, I'm sure you'll agree.

Today, I've taken the next step, and pasted the daily clicks report into the sidebar, so you too can see the five most popular links of the previous day. If it says 'postCount', that means it's a comment box. Which brings me to number two...

2) Last week, something went wrong with the display at the bottom of each posting which shows how many comments there are. At the bottom of the Doctor Who piece, it says (as I write this on Wednesday night), that there are just two comments, but there are actually nine. Apologies for this. All I can say is, please don't assume there are no comments where it appears there are none. Does anyone know why this has gone wrong, or how it can be corrected?


· link

Home