World of Chig   

18.2.05
Tricolore unfurled

The first good quality, full length MP3 of a Making Your Mind Up song finds its way onto the web today. (Javine's leaked song did turn out to be the real deal, but it's still a poor quality wav file.) Step forward, Tenors Unlimited! Oops! I mean Tricolore. Their popera song, 'Brand New Day', (not to be confused with Sting's 1999 top 13 hit of the same name) is on their own brand new website, which looks quite a bit like their old website.

So, what's it like? Well, I've heard it twice, which is once more than most people who vote on 5th March will have heard it, and I'm confused. It's either corporate opera at its worst, with the cheesiest lyric this site of 'Millennium of Love', or it's inspired, rousing stuff, which the housewives will vote for in their droves and which could actually win Eurovision. At the risk of ridicule, and much to my surprise, I think I'm edging towards the latter. Add to this the fact that they can all sing and perform live, and they're not exactly ugly. The song has the added bonus of a superb, memorable ending too, which must count for a few extra votes. And of course, la France will give us douze points, just for the group's name - result! Just as long as they don't wander aimlessly around the stage like Tie Break did last year, we could be onto something here. I want to hear full versions of the others more than ever now! What do you think of it?

In other, related news: My tickets for 'Making Your Mind Up' arrived today. Hurrah!

· link

Home