World of Chig   

24.2.05
Ruslana speaks!

I received the following press release today:

"Yes, it's here!
Ukraine:
Historic and beautiful...
Steeped in culture and romance...
A wonderful place to go for a memorable holiday...

But maybe your Ukrainian is a little rusty? Do you know how to pronounce those really important local phrases? The insults and the chat-up lines?

Well let the current Eurovision champion, Ruslana, guide you through those essentials with her useful online phrasebook.

Just go here www.wild-dances.com ...don't forget to turn your speakers on."

It's fun! And it's rude! Our favourite Ukrainian has kindly recorded some phrases which will come in useful for those of us planning a trip to Kyiv (or perhaps meeting some Ukrainians in Malmo: when Kyiv finally admit they can't cope, as reported in the Ukrainian papers yesterday.)

Don't be confused by the instructions (like I was). All you have to do is press the keys on your own keyboard once it gets to the page with Ruslana and the wolf. (You'll see what I mean.)

I've enjoyed making Ruslana sneeze by pressing 'L' over and over again. Childish, but very funny. I'm also planning the perfect night out in Kyiv, by pressing the following, in this order: O F P I V Y and, for the morning after: E U

Marvellous. Except she doesn't say the most important news to emerge today, which is: "Chig is interviewing me next week when I come to London to be on your Making Your Mind Up programme." True. Go! Go! Go wild dances!!

· link

Home