World of Chig   

16.2.05
Making Your Mind Up - the songs are out

Well, bits of them are, at least, on BBC Radio 2's Making Your Mind Up website. Hmmm. The audio clips are too short to make any fair judgements, to be honest, but when did that ever stop us? Let's do it anyway:

Javine's sounds the best. It's a belter, but I do wonder whether the Turkish pop boat sailed (down the Bosphorus) a couple of years ago. No complaints if this wins though.

It's a good job we know Andy Scott-Lee can really sing live, because to these ears, that song sounds quite difficult. I bow to any singers or musicians reading this, but that sounds like quite a range.

Katie Price's song sounds okay, but Autotune, or whatever it's called, is a wonderful invention.

The best bit of Tricolore's song is surely not in that clip - I imagine something more rousing. I certainly hope so.

Gina G's 'Flashback' sounds quite perky, but my heart sank when I read the lyric and saw the dreaded word 'rap'. (It's not in the clip.) Images of Lindsay D's boys came flooding back and I had to have a lie down.

Overall: promising. Will reserve judgement until full versions are available.

· link

Home