World of Chig   

10.12.04
Disturbing

Even with a fairly effective spam filter on my e-mail, there are still some messages that get through. Some of them are revolting, some are bewildering, most of them are just plain pointless. (No, I will not click your link to 'my bank account' to update my details, particularly because you're pretending to be a bank I've never heard of anyway, which makes it unlikely that I am a customer. And you can't write English properly. Get back to school.) 99% of the spam can just be deleted and dismissed. Today though, it seems to have moved on to another level. Is it just me, or is this particularly creepy?

Hello, I have been emailing men from around my neighbourhood. First of
all my "name" is Andrea Boudreaux. This isn't my real name but I use it when my husband is out of town. I have seen you around and would like you to take me out on a date.

My husband will be out of town until Dec 24th, 2004

I must keep my information confidental so I am using a website to do so.

http://www.********.biz/********


(Link removed to protect the gullible.)

Even though I know this came from a spambot and not really from a lovely lady who is barking up the wrong tree by offering me her wares, I find this disturbing. Be off with you, madam!

While we're on the subject of frightening e-mails, a more legitimate one is offering this for sale. May I just say: Yeeeeeeeuuch! (Not office-friendly, unless you work in a sex shop.)

· link

Home