World of Chig   

15.5.04
Money where my mouth is

Right then, it's 19.42 here in Istanbul. I have to meet the man who is buying my spare ticket in 18 minutes time, so it's prediction time. Although I felt pretty smug at getting 8 out of 10 qualifiers on Wednesday, I must warn you that past form is no indicator of future success. When it comes to predicting the Eurovision winner, Chig's last two efforts have been dismal failures;

2003: Latvia - Hello From Mars - F.L.Y. (Finished 24th, with just 5 points from Estonia.)
2002: Belgium - Sisters - Sergio & The Ladies (13th, with 33 points)

This year, I'm sure my predicted winner will do a lot better, and may actually win the damn thing. I therefore predict that the smiling face we'll be seeing at 1am Turkish time is that of Zeljko:
1st Serbia & Montenegro
2nd Cyprus
3rd Ukraine
4th Sweden
5th Malta

Last: Romania

UK's position: 15th-20th

I have actually placed bets on Serbia to win, Cyprus and Ukraine to be in top 4, Romania last and UK 17th-20th (as Paddy Power's categories didn't quite coincide with my prediction. We'll see...

Good luck James Fox. It'll be a competent performance, even if we don't get many points for it.

Good luck Lisa Andreas, you CAN win, and I'd rather go to Nikosia than Belgrade, to be honest.

Everyone else, enjoy it! 19.57 and I'm off!

· link

Home