World of Chig   

5.5.04
Istanbul - Chig's first pictures

Tomorrow is not Chig's first trip to Istanbul. I went there back in Spring 1980, when I looked like this:

Hilarious, huh? That photo was taken in Athens, at the Posidon Cafe. I was on a schools cruise on the SS Uganda, which made such an impression on me that I still remember the dates; 22 March - 5 April 1980. We were in Istanbul (as with all the other places) for just one day. It rained. Hence there are no photos of me there. When we came back to school, I won a prize for my photos of the cruise, so I would now like to share with you my ENTIRE set of photos taken in Istanbul. All three of them. Remember, it was raining. Dismal, aren't they? The first one is labelled in my photo album, helpfully, as 'A mosque'. The second and third are more easily identified as the Blue Mosque, which I now know is called the Sultanahmet Mosque. I will be staying in a hotel about 50 metres from this mosque from tomorrow.

Reports from Eurovision's first rehearsals yesterday revealed that Ruslana from Ukraine broke the glass stage, so the schedule overran so much that the Greek press conference (at least) was cancelled. The internet connection wasn't yet up and running in the Media Centre, so fingers crossed that it'll be fixed by Saturday, when I hope to be back here with first impressions. Enjoy the grey pictures. See you in Istanbul!

· link

Home