World of Chig   

10.5.04
Has it only been two days?

I feel like I've been here in Istanbul for a couple of weeks already, but it has only been three nights and two days. I'm having a fantastic time, the highlight so far being last night's official Eurovision reception at a palace. It was mindblowingly spectacular.

I've just been interviewed on camera by Austrian TV, asking my opinion on Tie Break. Don't worry, I was guarded. He had to ask at the end if they were my favourite though, didn't he? I laughed and said 'No'. When the camera stopped rolling, I chided the journo and said, 'How could you ask me that? There are 36 songs!' I didn't mention that Austria is around number 33 in that list when I rank my favourites.

I have also had a couple of my pictures published today in the French Eurovision fan club magazine. Both pictures of James Fox, which haven't been published anywhere else AND a photo credit, which is nice.

James Fox told me last night that he was very satisfied with his first rehearsal yesterday. He has his second in about 4 hours' time, after which is his first press conference. I will be giving him a little present, so will be caught on camera as all the conferences are filmed. I have also been primed to ask a question to one of the UK backing singers, who has a parental connection to a famous pop name. All will be revealed later...

I can't possibly do up-to-the minute reports as I don't have a laptop in the rehearsals. However, you should be reading the livejournal at www.oneurope.biz for up-to-date info from rehearsals. My friends are doing a sterling job sitting in the hall reporting, and have hardly seen daylight for six days.

Tonight's parties are Israel (not going) and a joint France and Monaco effort. I will definitely go to that one. Hey, I've done photos for their magazine! Marie Myriam, France's last winner, from 1977 will be presenting, along with Christer Bjorkman from Sweden. Monaco and France will perform their songs.

I'm currently wrestling with Nero, in order to get some of my photos on here for you lovely people too see, so back later.

· link

Home