World of Chig   

4.5.04
18 - Ireland - If My World Stopped Turning – Chris Doran

I wanted to like it, I really did. He looked quite hunky in the photos I saw after he’d won in Ireland. Sadly, this song, co-written by ex-Westlifer and jungle husband, Bryan McFadden, makes dishwater seem positively effervescent in comparison. Nicking the whole lyrical concept from ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’ as covered by fellow countryman Ronan, it’s basically saying ‘I’d be quite sad if you died’. Mr Doran looks as interesting as a tailor’s dummy in the ‘live’ performance of this, as if he can’t wait to get back to selling insurance, or working at the undertaker’s, or whatever he did before he won ‘You’re A Star’ with this dirge. The song so clearly won because of its celebrity connection, which is a real shame, especially as there was an uptempo number in the final three which was pretty good. Dull, dull, dull.

· link

Home