World of Chig   

15.4.04
Contrast (An ABBA-related interlude)

“I would bring you flowers in the morning,
Wild roses, as the sun begins to shine.
Sweet perfume in tiny jewelled caskets,
If I thought you’d ever change your mind.”


“You thought you could keep this shit from me, yeah,
You burn bitch, I heard the story,
You played me, you even gave ’em head,
Now you’re asking for me back, you’re just another act.
Look elsewhere, ’cos you’re done with me”

“I would bring you happiness, wrapped up in a box and tied with a yellow bow,
I would bring you rainbow skies and Summer rain, to make your garden grow
And in the Winter snow, my songs would keep you from the cold.”


“F**k what I said, it don’t mean shit now,
F**k the presents, might as well throw ’em out,
F**k all those kisses, they didn’t mean jack,
F**k you, you ho, I don’t want you back.”

Eamon and Agnetha: two of life’s old romantics. But is Chig the only person who bought both of these fantastically different singles this week? I always knew my musical tastes were eclectic, but this surely beats the day last year when my new singles purchases were Marilyn Manson and Westlife. Can’t wait to see the words to Eamon’s fantastic song in Smash Hits. It will become the sweariest number one ever on Sunday, with 30+ words 'dipped' in order to produce a still-filthy radio version.

PS. Couldn’t someone have told Agnetha how to pronounce ‘jewelled’? She sings it as ‘yewelled’ (ie. with Swedish-influenced pronunciation). Couldn’t they have played her Cilla’s version?

· link

Home