World of Chig   

13.8.03
I think I'm in love...

...with Brighton. I had an absolutely, stunningly gorgeous weekend darn Sarf. I may even go there again. I was only there for 30 hours, but I actually came back on Sunday night feeling as if I'd been on holiday. And I had - in the sea and everything. It's now Wednesday, and I'm still feeling good about the whole weekend. Brighton Pride was so good - the best Pride event I've ever been to, anywhere, ever - that the only downer about it is knowing it could never be that good again. Most of that's down to the intensely un-British weather of course, but the whole organisation of the day seemed great, and the atmosphere along the seafront on Saturday night was just buzzing. Clammy, but buzzing! Loved it all. Must say thanks to the friends who looked after me down there, and also to the newer friends I met again, and the older friends who I'd forgotten lived down there permanently. There must be a part of Brighton called Birmingham-On-Sea!

· link

Home