World of Chig   

21.8.03

2. What would you most like to change about yourself?
The desire to change things about myself. That way lies peace of mind, I would guess.
The slightly longer answer is to be more decisive, more impetuous and, in some areas, less of a perfectionist. People reading this may think, ‘I see no evidence of perfectionism here on this blog’, but that’s the point. It’s what’s NOT here that proves my point. I have this tendency to start things, and then I won’t finish them because I won’t make time to do them properly. I tell myself that if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well, so I abandon something as a lost cause, because I don’t feel I can spend time on it when it might end up being less than perfect. Did that make sense? It’s perfectionism or not at all, and so consequently I HATE myself for the loose ends that I have left, not just on this blog, but in life generally, but I never go back to tidy them up.

· link

Home