World of Chig   

24.5.03
So, who's going to win?

In rehearsals, the surprisingly good reactions from the public have been for Portugal and Poland. Poland can be partially explained away, because the bloke is a VJ on music TV and very famous here. However, they pull off a strong performance. Portugal has no partisan support in the hall, so I can only assume people genuinely like it. AUstria gets a fantastic reaction too. Sweden comes across really well. Russia might just do it despite everything. Even Ireland is much improved and a contender. Slovenia was pushing up there, but wasn't so good last night. Even Romania, which has too many distractions, but that's what we said about Latvia last year. Beth is good enough to do it too, and her dancers should win a few extra votes. Turkey is a fantastic, polished performance with great singing. However, my money and my hopes are still, after all this time, on Latvia to do it again. I think 'Hello From Mars' has it all. A catchy song, well-performed, by three atractive singers. And I'm now going to put some money on it. Have a great time if you're watching. I'll be back whenever I can get on a PC. That may be late tongith when it's all over, but it may not be until Tuesday, when I'm back home.

Look out for an early indicator of who's going to win with the votes from Ireland (third vote). Ireland is statistically the most 'in tune' nation with the overall vote. Have fun. I'm off into the hall later with my Union Jack shirt and balloon, but also a Hello From Mars balloon, which I found in town, which I'm dead chuffed with, and a Latvian flag.

· link

Home