World of Chig   

16.5.03
Demob happy!

"For I was only, 24 hours from Tulsa Riga"
Boy, am I glad I took today off work! Packing to do, Lati to collect, hair to cut, sunbed to have... I have to be packed and ready by about 17.00 today, because this evening is the launch party for the Fierce! arts festival, which, if I remember rightly, turned into a right drunken affair last year. (Something to do with the free shots, I vaguely recall.) Then I have to leave early in the morning, take my car to my Mum's for it to be serviced while I'm away, then get a train (and coach from Reading) to Heathrow. I've realised that my plans to go clubbing as soon as I get to Riga may have been a little ambitious. Latvia is two hours ahead of BST, so I will only get to the hotel about midnight, after landing at 22.30 local time and getting a taxi/bus to the hotel. Still, I do know that a friend will be in Club XXL, and they allow entry until 5am. Watch this space!

'Chig - Live In Latvia!' (sorry Dave!) will start here on Monday. There's even a chance it will be Sunday, if they let us into the media centre. The room - well, I say room, but it was a tent - wasn't ready in Tallinn last year on the Sunday, but this year we're promised it will be. See ya!

· link

Home