World of Chig   

14.5.03
Chig's Choon

No Good Advice - Girls Aloud
What else could be single of the week this week? Not content with producing one of the very best pop debuts ever, here they come again with one of the very best second singles ever. Surely the best opening brace of tunes since 'Bring It All Back' and 'S Club Party'? (If you were seriously going to suggest '5,6,7,8' and 'Last Thing On My Mind', please leave now.) Even Britney waited 'til single number five for 'Oops! I Did It Again'. 'No Good Advice' has nods to 'Mickey' and 'Rock Lobster' and the return of the twangy Duane Eddy guitar sound from Sound Of The Underground. It's another pure pop moment. Classic.

PS. I do know that the Eurovision reviews below have mysteriously rearranged themselves. I am not quite sure why, but I hope to resolve it when my technical advisor returns from Paris... :-)

· link

Home