World of Chig   

27.5.03
Chig's Choon - last week

I'm determined to keep this up, even if I did forget about it while in Latvia. So, last week's single of the week would have been...

Not Gonna Get Us - t.A.T.u
Not only a good track from a fantastic album, but a great video, which I have seen once, on Russian music TV in my Riga hotel room. In addition, you get their Eurovision entry, Ne Ver, Ne Bosija, Ne Prosni (or however we're spelling it today - I've seen half a dozen different versions) as a bonus track. This means it's the first time in living memory that another country's Eurovision song has been available in the UK before the contest, and it's also available a whole week before the UK entry. Actually, the first part of that sentence needs qualifying with 'the whole of the UK'. That's because Mickey Joe Harte's Irish entry was released in the whole island of Ireland a few weeks ago, and made the UK chart on the strength of its Northern Ireland sales, debuting at number 133. (Or was it 144? I forget now.)

· link

Home