World of Chig   

25.3.03

Bleurgh!


‘Chig’s been a bit quiet’, I hear nobody cry. So here’s the story of my last week. Try not to get too excited by the giddy whirl of it all.
Thursday: Slightly sore throat developing in afternoon.
Friday: Slightly dizzy feelings at work, feeling knackered by mid-afternoon, throat very sore by evening. Collapsed in front of TV after work and went to bed early.
Saturday: Forced myself to get up early, as had to go into city to buy birthday present for Dad, who I’m visiting later. Started to get headache and feel feverish while in town, having hot flushes. Popped home for half an hour and wrapped presents. Feeling slightly sick. Drove 25 miles to Dad’s and asked him for headache tablets. Left after two hours with migraine coming on. Home before dark, watched TV all evening. No appetite. Early night again. Terrible night’s sleep, throat red raw, lots of coughing.
Sunday: 10.30am, managed to crawl from bed to settee in dressing gown. Watched Hollyoaks and just about everything else on TV until it was bedtime again. Painful coughing. Too tired to even get up and put a videotape in. Another night of sleep broken by coughing fits.
Monday: Alarm goes off as usual at 6am. Texted work to say I won’t be in. Put bedside TV on and watched it in between dozing on and off. (Mel and Sue are very good on Ri:se, aren’t they?) Got up at 3pm to move to settee. Rang manager at 3.30pm – he’s off too with the mystery lurgy, as he was last week, which may be where I got it from. Stayed on settee watching TV until bed at midnight, too knackered to put in a video. Only got up for soup and a sandwich later. Didn’t even bother to shower or get dressed.
Today: Woke up in time for Mel and Sue again. Throat still sore, and now the sneezing’s started too. Dozed on and off again until getting up at 12.40pm.

It’s a real sod, isn’t it? I’ve been unable to move when it’s actually been nice and sunny outside. And despite not eating since Friday, I’ve only lost three pounds in weight. I mean, what’s the point in being ill if you don’t shed a few pounds?! I’ll have to go to work tomorrow, regardless of how crap I feel, as each day off costs me about fifty quid in lost pay, due to having no sick pay as agency staff. Oh shit, shit, shit. I’m feeling sorry for myself.

· link

Home