World of Chig   

24.12.02

A queen's Christmas message


So, I guess this is the time I post my jolly Christmas message? Well, I don't feel like it. Christmas is going to be more shit than ever this year, and apart from anything else, it's not even bloody cold. How can it be Christmas Eve when it's as warm as September outside, and just a bit drizzly? I demand frost, at the very least, or I'm not joining in. We'll be scattering my Gran's ashes on Boxing Day, around the war memorial in the Warwickshire village where she grew up, so Christmas isn't going to be a barrel of laughs. I'm looking forward to it about as much as your average turkey. That doesn't mean I don't wish you all a good time - of course I do.

Oh, and if you only watch one drama on TV this Christmas (and you missed it last festive season), watch C4's Shackleton. It was bloody brilliant, so good in fact that I'll probably watch it again.

I'm also bracing myself for the possibility that French & Saunders may not seem that funny this year. The two programmes they're spoofing, namely Monarch Of The Glen and Tipping The Velvet, just happen to be two that I've never watched, so the references may be lost on me. Oh well.

May all your presents be as cool as my car:

· link

Home