World of Chig   

7.8.02

Dilemma


Crystaltipps has invited me to see Memento and Mulholland Drive tonight. They're on as a double bill (linked by the theme of memory loss, I guess) at our local 'second run' trendy cinema. (A cinema designed for people like me who always intend to see new films, but never get around to it. You know it's trendy because they sell nice cake, and you don't get that at the UCI.) Will Mulholland Drive be too much to take in after the brain-taxing Memento? Will there be time for cake in between? The second film is free when they do double bills like this. I was planning to stay in and watch this, about a sad gay man who can't get a boyfriend. Something tells me it may be useful. PS. My sometime colleague, who happens to share the same name as the subject of tonight's programme, has e-mailed me and everyone else he knows to make us think it's about him, but we're not fooled.

· link

Home