World of Chig   

2.7.02

Made It Back


Ten hours! Ten fucking hours! That's how long it was between getting into my car in the Worthy Farm car park at 12.35 yesterday and arriving home at 22.35. Not that the actual journey home from Glastonbury took long once I'd made it out the gates, but the first SEVEN HOURS were spent in the car park, not moving anywhere at all, just queuing and waiting...and waiting....and waiting. News went around that there had been an accident somewhere. Or was it just the sheer volume of traffic? I've just read on Ceefax that the body of a 36-year old man was found at 2pm yesterday in his tent. He was found by his girlfriend and was near the Dance Tent. I was leaving from the car park nearest the Dance Tent, so perhaps the roads were being kept clear for emergency vehicles? Then again, if he was already dead, maybe not, and I didn't hear any sirens. Apparently, a sudden, natural death is suspected, not anything suspicious, as you were thinking (and so was I).
Oh, the festival itself? Well, it was brilliant. Varied and interesting. Best show of the weekend? I'll tell you later, but there's a clue in the title(!)

· link

Home